The CHANCE® Auto-Ranging Voltage Indicator, or ARVI, is the smart, next-generation, electric field intensity meter used as a diagnostic tool by qualified linemen to detect the presence or absence of voltage.
The ARVI confirms whether a high-voltage line is energized or de-energized before any maintenance is done. It’s designed to determine approximate phase-to-phase voltage classes up to 500kV.
EASY & RELIABLE
Simple to operate, it provides the means to determine if a line is:
- Carrying abnormal system voltage from any source or induced charged from an adjacent live circuit,
- Or energized at full system voltage.
It also discovers the combined field intensity of all conductors in the area – including ground wires and grounded equipment. After the initial job is done, the ARVI can be used to confirm circuit condition, just to be on the safe side.
- Portable tool
- Single push-button activated
- Complies with OSHA 1910.269 to Test for Absence of Nominal Voltage
- 600V to 500kV
- Hold Feature
- Low battery noted by blinking light
- Sleep mode to protect batteries
- Variable audio to accomodate noisy locations
- Bright display lights indicate voltage class
- For Overhead and Underground (URD) with appropriate adapters
SAFETY TIP:The ARVI must always be used with an Epoxiglas® universal insulated Hot Stick for safety and to maintain calibration and proper OSHA working clearances.