THE CHANCE® PROXIMITY VOLTAGE INDICATOR
(PVI) (Model PSC4033737)
The CHANCE® Proximity Voltage Indicator was designed to meet the requests of utility and line crews who require a non-contact (or proximity) voltage detector. Many utilities have developed work practices and procedures that require non-contact methodology and equipment in particular circumstances or crew expertise.
To meet this need, Bevins Co. developed a safe and consistent Proximity Voltage Indicator that uses nanotechnology to allow linemen to make diagnostic measurements of the electromagnetic fields (EMF) developed around alternating current (AC) energized conductors. It is designed to offer a proximity electric field intensity meter for voltages above 480 volts, and a near-field sensing device for voltages below 480 volts.
- Portable and easy to use
- Confirms AC conditions quickly and remotely
- Determine approximate phase-to-phase voltage classes up to 500kVAC
- New lightweight (17.6 oz. without AA batteries) design using nanotechnology
- Auto Ranging, capacitive test point through 500kV
- User-defined minimum range feature prevents nuisance audibles
- Meets intent of OSHA 1910.269 to test for absence of nominal voltage
- Auto-off mode after 15 minutes to extend battery life
- Easy access battery replacement
- Can be used with Lithium AA batteries to increase longevity
- Test functionality with Field Tester (PSC4033582)
CUTTING EDGE FEATURE: USER-DEFINED OPTION
To prevent nuisance audibles in known voltage situations (ie, substations) the Proximity Voltage Indicator provides a new User-Defined Option that temporarily disables indications and alarm for voltages below the user’s selected range. The sensing LED will continue to function normally in both normal and advanced modes.
NEW TO THE INDUSTRY: QR CODE
To give full access to operators, Bevins has broken ground in the industry by labeling all PVI units with a QR Code that provides access through any smart phone or device to the:
- Online Manual
- Video Manual
- Repair Form
- Customer Support Line
Find the code on included manual along with a Quick Reference Guide for operating in the field.
The PVI responds to the magnitude of an AC field gradient between its sensing element and a counterpoise within the meter. In normal operation, the Proximity Voltage Indicator is calibrated to respond to a sensed field in three ways.
- Sensing LED changes from blinking to constant when it detects an electric field.
- One or more illuminated LEDs represent the class of voltage present.
- An audible alarm indicates dangerous levels of voltage present.
- Note: Always use with a universal pole to maintain its calibration.
This device is an AC-only detector. Do not attempt to use for DC current detection.
READY TO TRY IT OUT?
Contact your local Hubbell distributor today to discover YOUR Proximity Voltage Indicator!