The CHANCE® Multi-Range Voltage Indicator® (MRVI), model number PSC4033710, is a portable tool to confirm that an AC (alternating current) high voltage circuit is energized or de-energized prior to performing maintenance.
Readings from the MRVI represent the class of voltage that is present on the line. The MRVI is designed to determine approximate Phase-to-Phase and Phase-to-Ground nominal voltage up to 80 kV AC, 50/60 Hz. This unit is a direct contact electric field intensity indicator.
The MRVI is used as a secondary means to confirm the condition of a circuit after principal work procedures such as visible open gaps, dispatcher hold orders, and apparatus tag-outs have rendered the circuit de-energized.
- Meets intent of OSHA 1910.269 to test for absence of nominal voltage
- Used to determine if power lines are at rated voltage, have induced voltage, or are de-energized
- Capacitive test point through 80 kV AC for overhead and underground systems
- Stepper motor technology
- Illuminated fluorescent pointer
- Power-saving sleep mode (auto-off)
- Checks battery voltage on initial startup
- Positive interface power button
- Equivalent Phase-to-Phase and Phase-to-Ground reading ranges
- Manually activated Hold Mode
- Bluetooth technology
- New lightweight design (19.8 oz without batteries)
- Battery drawer for simple battery replacement
- Comes with a storage bag with a snaphook designed to attach to a lineman’s belt
- QR code located in the instructions, Quick Reference guide, and on the unit itself